We all want to feel happy right? However, some days it feels harder than others. Whether you feel sad, upset, angry or overwhelmed take some time to try a few of the 20 activities below to feel happier right now.
Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.
- Drink water. Drinking water regularly throughout the day keeps your body running, reduces headaches and puts you in a better mood.
- Listen to a podcast. Listening to a positive podcast on spotify.
- Read an book. Kindle, audio book or paperback. It doesn’t matter how you prefer to read, only that you are enjoying the story.
- Celebrate your victories. Whether you run a 10k marathon or manage to get out of bed, celebrate each little victory and recognize that you are growing each day.
- Start journaling. Journaling daily is the perfect way to get in touch with yourself and your needs. Check out my post on journaling for your mental health here.
- Have a hot bath with lavender oil. Lavender oil soothes your body and mind. Add 3-5 drops to your bath and enjoy its floral scent. I use Tisserand Lavender Oil.
- Listen to some calming music. Every morning I ask Alexa to play relaxing, calming music. Listening to 20 songs a day is proven to increase your overall happiness.
- Try yoga. Doing 15 minutes of yoga everyday reduces stress and has proven to increase serotonin levels (AKA the happiness levels in your brain)
- Watch your favorite film or tv show. Take a moment to watch some Netlix.
- Practice using affirmations. Using affirmations will change your life. Speak them out loud, in your head or write them down.
- Eat your favorite food. Make yourself something delicious and yummy!
- Hug someone. Preferably not a random stranger…
- Do some exercise. Whether you like to run, swim or simply walk, exercise will get endorphins flowing through your body.
- Spend time outdoors. Get outside and breath in the fresh air.
- Switch off your electronics. Get some screen-free time for a bit. Do some tidying, reading, meditate or go for a walk.
- Unfollow negative people on social media. Unfollow anyone who makes you feel unworthy or pressured to be a certain way. Fill your timeline or feed with positive people.
- Get enough sleep. Make sure you get 8-10 hours of sleep every-night to feel refreshed and ready to face the day.
- Show appreciation and gratitude towards yourself. Every morning write down three things you are grateful for.
- Think of happy memories. How many times have you thought about something that happened in the past and it made you smile? Re-play these happy memories and you will instantly feel uplifted.
- Call your friends or family. Organize a coffee date with your mum, dad or best friend.
What do you do that makes you feel happier? Let us know in the comments below!