We all have bad days from time to time. Sometimes we are stressed, upset or angry. When you’re having a bad day, sometimes you just need to do the things you love.
It sucks when you’re having a bad day.
When I used to have bad days, I’d crawl back into bed and wish for the day to be over. Or, more often than not, I’d take it out on the people around me. For a long time, I believed this was the only way you could deal with bad days.
But I was wrong…
There are ways to turn a bad day into a good day and once I learnt this, my life changed. I now have less bad days than before and when I do, I’m able to quickly turn them around with these 25 ways to turn a bad day into a good day.
So, are you ready to stop having bad days?
25 things to do when you’re having a bad day
- Practice gratitude. Showing gratitude for the people and things in your life promotes self-love and pushes positive energy into your life. Practicing gratitude daily has the power to change your life.
- Listen to a podcast. I love podcasts. Listening to podcasts is a great way to learn something new and encourage self-growth.
- Spend time outside. Have your breakfast outside, go for a walk in the afternoon, or watch the sunset in the evening. Spending time in nature is proven to improve your mood and decrease stress.
- Make your bed. When you wake up, make your bed straight away. This small accomplishment will change the face of your day.
- Read a personal development book. Personal development books are essential to improving and up-leveling your life. Skyrocket your self-improvement journey with some of the most popular self-help books for women.
- Pamper yourself. Do a facemask, shave, exfoliate. Take some time to pamper and love your body.
- Listen to your favorite playlist
- Drink peppermint tea. Change up your morning cup of coffee for a hot peppermint tea.
- Watch Youtube. Learn something new or simply watch some funny videos on Youtube.
- Mindful coloring. Colouring is a great way to relax and have some ‘Me Time’. I have a couple of adult coloring books that I love to use whenever I’m feeling stressed.
- Light a candle. Different scents stimulate different parts of our brain. For example, lavender and vanilla candles encourage calmness.
- Do a social media detox. Go through your instagram and twitter followers and unfollow anyone who makes you feel like shit.
- Take a nap. Having a nap will help your body rest and reset. Take a 40-minute nana nap.
- Have a PJ day. Spend the whole day lounging in your favorite pj’s. Snuggle up with a fluffy blanket and watch some well-deserved Netflix.
- Start a journal. Keeping a daily log of your thoughts and emotions is a great way to deal with difficult days.
- Set some inspiring goals. Knowing what you want gives your life purpose. Turn your dreams into goals by breaking them down into small, bite-sized steps.
- Have a bath. Having a hot bath with lavender bath salts is a great way to relax and unwind. Let go of any distress and focus on yourself.
- Drink water. To make sure you’re drinking enough water throughout the day, carry a water bottle. This will make sure the mind is hydrated and focused.
- Go for a drive. Get in your car or a friend’s car and go for a drive in the countryside.
- Call family or friends. Talk to loved ones, have a good catch up, or share any problems that are troubling you. A problem shared is a problem halved.
- Get creative. Whether you like to paint, draw, play an instrument, or even knit a jumper, let your creativity shine. Getting creative allows you to take a break from the real world and simply exist.
- Take a shower. Letting the shower beat down on your head can be very therapeutic and clear your mind.
- Dance like no one is watching. Playing your favorite songs and having a solo dance party will boost your mood.
- Do some yoga. Get out your yoga mat and put on a youtube yoga video.
- Meditate. Meditating is a great way to turn a bad day into a good day. Using guided meditation apps like CALM will help you de-stress and calm any anxious feelings.
What helps you when you’re having a bad day? Let us know in the comments below!
ps. don’t forget to save this post to Pinterest for later!