Do you feel stuck in your life? Like you can’t move forward and become who you’re meant to be.
I felt this way for so long until I started using personal development tips from wonderful bloggers like Ell Duclos. The wonderful tips I found propelled me forward in life and encouraged me to start this blog and helping others with their mental health and happiness.
So, I want to share these self-improvement tips with you so that you can become the best version of yourself.
What is personal development?
Personal development is about using life changing habits to grow and develop as an individual.
Changing your everyday habits will improve your life and encourage you to improve and grow.
For example, if you deal with a lot of stress at work, your mind and body will begin to negatively react to this stress. This will show as tension in your muscles and even irritability towards your loved one.
Using personal development tips, you can learn to manage this stress or even eliminate it from your life completely.
You can change how your body reacts to this stress for a more positive life.
For me, using self-improvement techniques has improved my mental health and overall wellness. I changed up some of my negative habits like over-sleeping and spending time with negative people.
Over time I have increased my positive outlook on life which is helping me manage my depression and anxiety and using these 100 personal development tips will help you to.
Why is personal development important?
Personal development is important because it will help you become unstuck.
It is so easy to feel stuck in life and continue with the same, mundane routine. Get up, go to work, come home, drink a glass of wine, and go to bed.
If you’re here, reading this, then I know you want more from life.
And that’s a good thing…
You deserve to live your dream life and these personal development tips will help you.
Are you ready to start living a life you love?
Are you ready to take a chance on yourself?
Are you ready to get unstuck?
I know you are.
Read through the following personal development tips to improve your life and get unstuck today!
Self- Improvement Tips
- Get 8-10 hours of sleep every night. Getting enough sleep every night will help your body and mind rest up for the following day.
- Maintain a regular sleep routine. Aim to go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
- Use lavender oil. If you struggle to sleep, spray lavender oil on your pillow before you go to sleep.
- Eat healthy breakfast every day. Smoothie bowls, granola or fruit, and yogurt. There are plenty of healthy breakfast alternatives out there.
- Create a morning routine. Having a healthy morning routine will encourage you to be more productive throughout the day.
- Read for 30 minutes every-day. Reading for 30 minutes a day is a great way to relax and unwind after a busy, stressful day.
- Spend quality time with loved ones. Take your grandma for a cup of tea. Meet your friends for a meal.
- Cut out caffeine. Swap out your morning coffee for a cup of tea.
- Listen to an inspiring podcast. There are lots of great self-help and personal development podcasts. One of my personal favorites is the Lavendaire Lifestyle podcast.
- Start a journal. Journals are a great way to tap into your feelings and desires. Create a safe space to explore your emotions.
- Practice gratitude. In jour journal, write down three things you are grateful for. Do this every day to practice gratitude.
- Listen to your favorite band.
- Develop a skincare routine. Take care of your skin by creating a skincare routine that works for you.
- Start a blog. Do you have a passion? What could you spend days talking about? Start a blog and teach others about your passion.
- Create art. Pain, draw, knit, or sew. Get creative.
- Drink water. Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day.
- Have a social media detox. Take a break from social media. Reduce the amount of time you spend endlessly scrolling.
- Call a friend. Keep in touch with friends. Have a video-call catch-up.
- Eat healthy food. Reduce your sugar and fat intake.
- Make a daily to-do list. Increase productivity by writing down everything you need to do.
- Read before going to sleep. Reading for 30 minutes before you sleep gives your eyes a rest from your phone screen.
- Meditate. Mediation is a great way to relax and unwind. It is also a good way to get in touch with your subconscious desires. These are plenty of youtube videos on meditation.
- Treat yourself. Watch your favorite TV show, go out for a meal or do some baking. Anything that makes you feel good.
- Learn a new language. Use Duolingo to learn a new language.
- Create an exercise routine. Exercising 3-5 times a week for 30 minutes decreases stress and improves your fitness.
- Start a new hobby. Always wanted to get into exercise or learn to play a musical instrument? Do it!
- Turn a hobby into a side hustle. Have you got a hobby that you excel at? Maybe you’re excellent at knitting or good with numbers? Turn this hobby into a side hustle and start some earning extra income.
- Avoid negative people. Don’t let energy vampires feed off your light. Stop spending time with people who steal your energy and make up unhappy.
- Wake up early. Aim to wake up between 5-7 am every morning.
- Make your bed. Making your bed every day is proven to increase productivity.
- Keep your space tidy. De-clutter and throw away old furniture and junk that has collected over the years.
- Use positive affirmations. Using positive affirmations every day will change your life.
- Smile at strangers. Show kindness to everyone around you. You never know what people are going through.
- Start saying NO. If someone asks you to do something you don’t want to do, say no. Don’t compromise your happiness for others.
- Make plans. Make plans with friends and family that you want to attend.
- Celebrate your achievements. When you achieve your goals, celebrate your victory. Go out, have a takeaway, or watch some tv. Even the smallest thing can be a reward.
- Practice self-love. Show yourself, love, through daily self-love practices.
- Do a social media detox. Unfollow negative accounts and delete any photos that make you feel unhappy.
- Practice being mindful. Mindful activities will help you relax and promote calmness.
- Plan ahead. Always plan ahead of time.
- Listen to audiobooks. Audible has some great audiobooks to listen to while you work, exercise, or relax.
- Track your steps. Use a FitBit to track your steps, calories, and sleep. Aim for 7-10 thousand steps a day.
- Show kindness. Show your mind and body kindness every day.
- Travel to wonderful places. Travel around the world and experience new places and cultures.
- Learn something new every day. Make the most of google and always keep learning and expanding your mind.
- Open a savings account. Start putting money aside for a holiday, trips, or even a rainy day. Having some savings behind you will make you feel more at ease.
- Track your outgoings and income. See how much you’re spending and where. How can you use this information to cut costs?
- Take your time. Don’t rush, everything you want is on it’s way to you.
- Practice self-care daily. Focus on your mental, physical, and emotional health through daily self-care.
- Discover what motivates you. What makes you want to get out there and chase the stars?
- Discover your dreams and goals. Create a mindmap to discover your true purpose.
- Be honest with yourself. Stop fighting with your mind and begin to feel what you feel. Don’t fight negative emotions, let them flow and pass through you.
- Try tarot cards. Listen to your higher-self and use divination to understand your desires and path.
- Eat more fruit. Fruit cocktails and smoothies are a great way to add more fruit to your diet.
- Work on your dream every day. Never stop working on your dream. Tiny steps create big leaps.
- Start every day with a clean slate. Don’t bring yesterday’s emotions and events today. Start every new day with a clean, fresh mindset.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Let go of anger. Any anger you hold towards others, let it go.
- Show someone from your past forgiveness. Forgiveness is the key to moving on. It doesn’t mean you’re okay with what happened, it means your willing to move forward.
- Forgive yourself. Nobody is perfect, show yourself some forgiveness.
- Prioritize your self. Put yourself and your needs first.
- Stop negative self-talk. Catch your negative self-talk and change your thinking.
- Use affirmations for anxiety. Overcome anxious feelings by using positive affirmations.
- Stop being a people pleaser. You are the only person you need to please.
- Create a list of your positive traits. What parts of your personality do you love?
- Stop feeling responsible for other people’s happiness. They are responsible for their own happiness. Don’t compromise yourself for someone else.
- Write a letter to your younger self.
- Change your lock screen to a quote that inspires you. Inspirational quotes are a great source of encouragement.
- Break down big tasks into smaller tasks. Turning tasks into bite-sized chunks makes them more manageable.
- Read success stories. Read about people who were in a similar position to you and how they achieved their dreams.
- Throw away clothes that make you unhappy. That old jumper from 2012, chuck it.
- Love your body. Stand in front of a mirror every day and find a part of yourself that you love. I promise you this works.
- Tidy your desk. Keep your workspace tidy clean and clutter-free.
- Create a list of people who inspire you. Make a list of your favorite inspirational people.
- Take an evening stroll. Watch the sunset go down.
- Get a pet. Animals are great for easing stress and anxiety. If you don’t have a pet go to a local shelter or to a friend who does.
- Know when your body needs rest. Recognize tiredness in your body and make sure you rest up.
- Be on time. Focus on time management and always try to be on time for appointments and events.
- Track your mood. Use printable mood trackers to track your day to day emotions.
- Always carry your headphones. Music feeds the soul.
- Have a hot, relaxing bath. A hot bath with Himalayan bath salt will relax your muscles.
- Carry a water bottle. Carry a water bottle whoever you go to. This keeps you hydrated and saves money.
- Wear clothes that make you feel good. Bodycon dresses or sweats. It doesn’t matter what you wear, just wear clothes that make you feel happy and comfortable.
- Go swimming. Swimming is a great mindful activity and is also good for your fitness.
- Make happy memories. Have new experiences and make new memories.
- Take photos. Capture those memories with photos.
- Take an online course. Whether you want to learn about accounting or yoga, take an online course with skillshare.
- Create an evening routine. Fill your evening with relaxing, mindful habits.
- Limit your screen time. Put your phone down for an hour or two. Turn off the tv and laptop.
- Make new friends. Go out, meet friends of friends, or join a new club. Making friends is a great way to grow your inner circle.
- Practice patience. When someone or something is irritating you, focus on your breathing.
- Listen to motivational audios. Youtube has tones of great motivational audios to inspire you.
- Practice positive thinking. Challenge your negative thought.s
- Do something you’ve been putting off.
- Speak up. Stand up for what you believe. Never let anyone silence your voice. You deserve to be heard.
- Find reasons to be happy. No matter how small, always find a reason.
- Volunteer. Charity shops and dog shelters are all great places to volunteer and give something back to the community.
- Challenge your fears. Instead of hiding from what scares you, challenge it.
- Create a bucket list. In your journal, write a list of all the things you want to do in life.
- Love yourself unconditionally. Lastly, love yourself no matter what. Love your body. mind and soul.
What are your dreams and goals? what are you working towards? Let me know in the comments below!